Richard Dreyfuss Speaker
Academy Award Winning Actor
- Celebrity Headliners, Actors, Featured Overall Speakers, Featured Celebrities, Jewish Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Available Upon Request
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Agent to Hire Richard Dreyfuss
Richard Dreyfuss Speaker Profile
Richard Stephen Dreyfuss (born October 29, 1947) is an American actor best known for starring in a number of film, television, and theater roles since the late 1960s, including the films American Graffiti, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Goodbye Girl, Whose Life Is It Anyway?, Always, What About Bob?, Poseidon, Mr. Holland's Opus, and James and the Giant Peach.
Dreyfuss won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1977 for The Goodbye Girl, and was nominated in 1995 for Mr. Holland's Opus. He has also won a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award, and was nominated in 2002 for Screen Actors Guild Awards in the Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries categories.
American leading man who has played his fair share of irritating pests and brash, ambitious hustlers, Richard Dreyfuss worked his way up through bit parts (The Graduate (1967), for one) and TV before gaining attention with his portrayal of Baby Face Nelson in John Milius' Dillinger (1973). He gained prominence as a college-bound young man in American Graffiti (1973) and as a nervy Jewish kid with high hopes in The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (1974). By the latter part of the 1970s Dreyfuss was established as a major star, playing leads (and alter-egos) for Steven Spielberg in two of the top-grossing films of the that decade: Jaws (1975) and Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977). He won a Best Actor Oscar in his first romantic lead as an out-of-work actor in The Goodbye Girl (1977). Dreyfuss also produced and starred in the entertaining private eye movie The Big Fix (1978).
After a brief lull in the early 1980s, a well-publicized drug problem and a string of box-office disappointments (The Competition (1980), Whose Life Is It Anyway? (1981), The Buddy System (1984)), a clean and sober Dreyfuss re-established himself in the mid-'80s as one of Hollywood's more engaging leads. He co-starred with Bette Midler and Nick Nolte in Paul Mazursky's popular Down and Out in Beverly Hills (1986). That same year he provided the narration and appeared in the opening and closing "bookends" of Rob Reiner's nostalgic Stand by Me (1986). He quickly followed that with Nuts (1987) opposite Barbra Streisand, Barry Levinson's Tin Men (1987) in a memorable teaming with Danny DeVito and Stakeout (1987) with Emilio Estevez. Dreyfuss continued working steadily through the end of the 1980s and into the 1990s, most notably in Mazursky's farce Moon Over Parador (1988), Spielberg's Always (1989), Postcards from the Edge (1990) and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990).
He appeared as a member of an ensemble that included Holly Hunter, Gena Rowlands and Danny Aiello in the romantic comedy Once Around (1991) and as a pop psychiatrist, the author of several successful self-help books, who is driven to the edge by nutcase Bill Murray in the popular comedy What About Bob? (1991). Dreyfuss has also remained active in the theater ("Death and Maiden", 1992) and on TV. He returned to features in the adaptation of Neil Simon's play Lost in Yonkers (1993) and followed with a supporting turn as the querulous political opponent in The American President (1995). Dreyfuss received some of the best notices of his career as a determined, inspiring music teacher coping with a deaf son and the demands of his career in Mr. Holland's Opus (1995).
Contact Richard Dreyfuss Booking AgentActors such as a Richard Dreyfuss have taken film, television, theatre, and radio to new heights by excelling at their respective position. The booking agents at Celebrity Talent Promotions can assist with Richard Dreyfuss speaking engagements or appearances. We have years of experience in booking Actors for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring an Actor like Richard Dreyfuss is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful Actor to your next corporate event. We can find Richard Dreyfuss’s agent to make this booking happen. A Richard Dreyfuss appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, fans and corporations can find Richard Dreyfuss's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Richard Dreyfuss.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, celebrity or Richard Dreyfuss for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.752.3532 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Richard Dreyfuss Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Richard Dreyfuss Appearances & Endorsements
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 9:15 pm
Pathstone Mental Health held their huge fundraising event over the weekend at Club Italia and the keynote speaker for the event was actor Richard Dreyfuss. Dreyfuss was invited to speak at the gala to discuss living with his bipolar disorder, a condition that causes extreme mood swings that can interfere with decision-making and ordinary life. Speaking with media before his speech,… [Read More]
- Some parts of the celebrities' biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com acts only as an celebrity broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com does not claim or represent itself as Richard Dreyfuss's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com is a Celebrity booking agency representing organizations seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, celebrity endorsements, personal celebrity appearances, spokes person campaigns and speaking engagements. Richard Dreyfuss's booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed.