Marlo Thomas Speaker
Featured Overall Speakers
- Activists, Authors, Actors, Featured Overall Speakers, Health & Wellness Speakers,
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- New York - NY
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Agent to Hire Marlo Thomas
Marlo Thomas Speaker Profile
Margaret Julia “Marlo” Thomas (born November 21, 1937) is an American actress, producer, and social activist known for her starring role on the TV series That Girl (1966–1971). She also serves as National Outreach Director for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Thomas signed a contract with ABC in 1966, to star in the network's newest sitcom, That Girl. Thomas played Ann Marie, an up-and-coming actress who's the girlfriend to Donald Hollinger (played by Ted Bessell). The series told the day-to-day struggles of Ann: holding different temp jobs and how she desperately wants a career on Broadway. The series was the first television show to focus on a single girl who doesn't live with her parents. That Girl became popular for its opening theme in which ended with someone saying "...that girl", in which Ann then appears on the screen and the words "That Girl" appear over a freeze-frame shot of Ann. The sequence was different for every episode and usually indicated what the episode was going to be about. This motif was abandoned in season five and was replaced with lyrics.
Despite being a solid ratings performer on ABC, That Girl never reached the overall top 30. Thomas requested ending the show after season four, even though it was still in the top 35. ABC convinced her to do one more year. In the beginning of season five, Ann and Donald get engaged but never marry. Thomas didn't want to send a message to young girls that marriage was their main goal. The series was cancelled in 1971, after 136 episodes. During the show's five-year-run, Thomas won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy four times.
Contact Marlo Thomas Booking AgentActivists such as a Marlo Thomas promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change. The booking agents at Celebrity Talent Promotions can assist with Marlo Thomas speaking engagements or appearances. We have years of experience in booking Activists for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring an Activist like Marlo Thomas is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful Activist to your next corporate event. We can find Marlo Thomas’s agent to make this booking happen. A
appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, fans and corporations can find Marlo Thomas's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Marlo Thomas.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, celebrity or Marlo Thomas for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.752.3532 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Marlo Thomas Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Marlo Thomas Appearances & Endorsements
- Some parts of the celebrities' biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com acts only as an celebrity broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com does not claim or represent itself as Marlo Thomas's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com is a Celebrity booking agency representing organizations seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, celebrity endorsements, personal celebrity appearances, spokes person campaigns and speaking engagements. Marlo Thomas's booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed.