Linda Ellerbee Speaker
- Authors, Business Speakers, Celebrity Headliners, Host Emcee, Entertainers, Cancer Speakers, Inspirational Speakers, Journalists, , TV Personalities, , University Speakers, Women Speakers, Journalism
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- New York - NY
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Agent to Hire Linda Ellerbee
Linda Ellerbee Speaker Profile
Linda Ellerbee is an outspoken journalist, award-winning television documentary producer, writer and anchor, best-selling author, a breast cancer survivor, a mom, a grandmother and one of the most sought-after speakers in America.
Linda Ellerbee began her career 39 years ago in 1972 at the Associated Press. In 1973, she was hired to be an on-air reporter at KHOU in Houston, Texas. Six months later, she was offered a job at WCBS, New York, as the "hard news" reporter for the 11pm newscast.
In 1975, Linda Ellerbee moved to NBC (national) News where, as Congressional Correspondent, she spent years covering national politics.
In 1982, she pioneered the late-night news program NBC News Overnight, which she wrote and anchored with Lloyd Dobyns. Overnight was cited by the duPont Columbia Awards as "possibly the best written and most intelligent news program ever."
In 1986, Ellerbee moved to ABC News to anchor and write Our World, a weekly primetime historical series. Her writing on Our World won her a national News & Documentary Emmy.
In 1987, Ellerbee and Rolfe Tessem, her partner, quit network news to start Lucky Duck Productions, a New York based company that produces news, documentaries and other specials for broadcast and cable.
Lucky Duck Productions began by producing documentaries for PBS. Then, in 1991, Lucky Duck began producing Nick News for Nickelodeon. Ellerbee is Executive Producer, writer and anchor.
2011, marks the 20th anniversary of Nick News, the longest running children's news program in television history. Nick News is watched by more children than watch all other television news shows put together-and has earned honors traditionally associated with adult programming. Known for the respectful and direct way it speaks to children about the important issues of our time, Nick News has collected three Peabody Awards (including one personal Peabody given to Ellerbee for her coverage of the Clinton investigation), a duPont Columbia Award and eight national Emmys for Outstanding Children's Program.
In 2009, Nick News received the Edward R. Murrow Award for best Network News Documentary - and made history as the first children's television program ever to receive this prestigious award.
For the last 20 years, Ellerbee and her work also have been seen all over the television universe, as Lucky Duck Productions has produced and continues to produce specials for ABC, CBS, HBO, PBS, Lifetime, MTV, Logo, A&E, MSNBC, SOAPnet, Animal Planet and TV Land, among others.
In 2004, Ellerbee was honored with another Emmy, this time for her series, When I Was a Girl, which aired on WE: the women's entertainment network.
Ellerbee's first book, And So It Goes (published in 1986), a humorous look at television news, became an instant best seller, and a favorite among journalists. Her second book, Move On, published in 1991 and containing stories about being a working single mother, a child of the '60s, and a woman trying to find some balance in her life, was also a best seller, as was her third book (2005), Take Big Bites: Adventures Around the World and Across the Table, a humorous account of her love of travel, talking to (and eating with) strangers, and, according to Ellerbee, "oh, just making trouble in general."
Her foray into books for children, an eight-part fiction series entitled Get Real (published in 2000) about middle school students who start a school newspaper, won (and continues to win) her raves among young readers.
As a popular and versatile speaker, Ellerbee travels thousands of miles each year, inspiring audiences with her insight and filling banquet rooms and concert halls with laughter. They come to hear her trademark wit and wisdom on everything from how to survive corporate America with your values intact, to how to survive breast cancer and live to laugh about it (also, she often speaks to medical groups concerning healthcare from a patient's point of view), and in general how to accept, even embrace a changing world, perhaps making a few changes yourself.
In 2011, Ellerbee received the Tribute Award, the highest honor given by the Alliance for Women in Media. On presenting the award, former CNN anchor Aaron Brown said to a ballroom full of women, "The two most important women in the history of television news are Barbara Walters and Linda Ellerbee. Barbara Walters made it possible for you to be on television news; Linda Ellerbee made it possible for you to be YOU on television news."
Contact Linda Ellerbee Booking AgentAuthors such as a Linda Ellerbee have dazzled readers with their creativity, passion, and superb plot. The booking agents at Celebrity Talent Promotions can assist with Linda Ellerbee speaking engagements or appearances. We have years of experience in booking Authors for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring an Author like Linda Ellerbee is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful Author to your next corporate event. We can find Linda Ellerbee’s agent to make this booking happen. A Linda Ellerbee appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, fans and corporations can find Linda Ellerbee's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Linda Ellerbee.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, celebrity or Linda Ellerbee for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.752.3532 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Linda Ellerbee Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Linda Ellerbee Appearances & Endorsements
- Some parts of the celebrities' biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com acts only as an celebrity broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com does not claim or represent itself as Linda Ellerbee's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com is a Celebrity booking agency representing organizations seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, celebrity endorsements, personal celebrity appearances, spokes person campaigns and speaking engagements. Linda Ellerbee's booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed.