Erin Brockovich Speaker
- Activists, Authors, Business Speakers, Celebrity Headliners, Inspirational Speakers, TV Personalities, University Speakers, Women Speakers
- Available For:
- Corporate Appearances, Speaking Engagements, Autograph Signings, Endorsements, Meet & Greets and Keynote Speeches
- Travels From:
- Los Angeles - CA
- Appearance Booking Fee Range:
- Call for Booking Fee
- Contact Agent to Hire Erin Brockovich
Erin Brockovich Speaker Profile
Erin Brockovich-Ellis (born June 22, 1960) is an American legal clerk and environmental activist who, despite the lack of a formal law school education, or any legal education, was instrumental in constructing a case against the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) of California in 1993. Since the release of the film that shares her story and name, she has hosted Challenge America with Erin Brockovich on ABC and Final Justice on Zone Reality. She is the president of Brockovich Research & Consulting, a consulting firm. She is currently working as a consultant for Girardi & Keese, the New York law firm Weitz & Luxenberg, which has a focus on personal injury claims for asbestos exposure, and Shine Lawyers in Australia.
Working with Thousand Oaks, California-based lawyer Edward L. Masry, Brockovich went on to participate in other anti-pollution lawsuits. One accuses Whitman Corporation of chromium contamination in Willits, California. Another lawsuit, which lists 1,200 plaintiffs, alleges contamination near PG&E's Kettleman Hills Compressor Station in Kings County, California, along the same pipeline as the Hinkley site. The Kettleman suit settled for $335 million in 2006. After experiencing problems with mold contamination in her own home in the Conejo Valley, Brockovich became a prominent activist and educator in this area as well.
Brockovich and Masry filed suit against the Beverly Hills Unified School District in 2003, in which the district was accused of harming the health and safety of its students by allowing a contractor to operate a cluster of oil wells on campus. Brockovich and Masry alleged that 300 cancer cases were linked to the oil wells. Subsequent testing and epidemiological investigation failed to corroborate substantial link, and Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Wendell Mortimer granted summary judgment against the plaintiffs. In May 2007, the School District announced that it was to be paid $450,000 as reimbursement for legal expenses.
Brockovich assisted in the filing of a lawsuit against Prime Tanning Corp. of St. Joseph, Missouri in April 2009. The lawsuit claims that waste sludge from the production of leather, containing high levels of hexavalent chromium, was distributed to farmers in northwest Missouri to use as fertilizer on their fields. It is believed to be a potential cause of an abnormally high number of brain tumors (70 since 1996) around the town of Cameron, Missouri, which is currently being investigated by the EPA.
In June 2009, Brockovich began investigating a case of contaminated water in Midland, Texas."Significant amounts" of hexavalent chromium were found in the water of more than 40 homes in the area, some of which have now been fitted with state-monitored filters on their water supply. Brockovich said "The only difference between here and Hinkley, is that I saw higher levels here than I saw in Hinkley."
Contact Erin Brockovich Booking AgentActivists such as a Erin Brockovich promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change. The booking agents at Celebrity Talent Promotions can assist with Erin Brockovich speaking engagements or appearances. We have years of experience in booking Activists for keynote speeches and autograph signings. Hiring an Activist like Erin Brockovich is not a hard process. Our agents can provide availability, fees and all costs associated in bringing out a successful Activist to your next corporate event. We can find Erin Brockovich’s agent to make this booking happen. A
appearance will add energy to your upcoming event and reward employees, customers and clients. Most likely, fans and corporations can find Erin Brockovich's official website, charity involvement, Twitter account, representation, publicist and management info at www.Erin Brockovich.com. If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring a speaker, celebrity or Erin Brockovich for an appearance, autograph signing, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.752.3532 or fill out the booking form below.
Videos of Erin Brockovich Speaking Appearances
Recent Blogs About Erin Brockovich Appearances & Endorsements
Posted on 5 June 2013 | 11:46 pm
Well-known human and environmental activist Erin Brockovich is scheduled as the keynote speaker for PILMMA's 2013 Super Summit. Brockovich is once again fighting for the underdog as she gives a voice to the residents of Bayou Corne, Louisiana after much of the town is under evacuation orders due to a salt dome collapse which led to a huge sinkhole and the very real risk of future… [Read More]
- Some parts of the celebrities' biography may be used from Wikipedia, which is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com acts only as an celebrity broker for corporate functions, private events and speaking engagements. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com does not claim or represent itself as Erin Brockovich's agent, speakers bureau, manager, publicist, assistant, PR firm or management company. CelebrityTalentPromotions.com is a Celebrity booking agency representing organizations seeking to hire motivational speakers, athletes, celebrities and corporate entertainment for private corporate events, celebrity endorsements, personal celebrity appearances, spokes person campaigns and speaking engagements. Erin Brockovich's booking and appearance fees, costs and prices on this website are estimates and are only act as a guideline. Exact booking fees are determined by a number of factors, including location of event, the celebrities schedule, desired duties, supply and demand and other market factors. Bios on this site are for informational purposes only and deemed to be reliable resources, but not guaranteed.